[mythtv-users] Low speed data port dss

Clay Fandre clay at fandre.com
Fri Mar 26 12:40:44 EST 2004

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.4

Set the external channel changing line to point to your script in
mythbackend config gui. (mine is /usr/local/bin/RCA.pl)

Note, the sony.pl doesn't work for my DRD420RE. I have to use the
RCA.pl instead.

Which reminds me, sometimes my channels don't change.  (probably 1 out
of 20 times) It's a little annoying when I sit down to watch my
recorded "Screen Savers" and "Buzz Lightyear" comes on. Here's the error
in my logs. Any ideas?

595 SEND: 0xFA [ú] 0xA6 [¦] 0x2 [] 0x53 [S] 0xFF [ÿ] 0xFF [ÿ]
  RECV: Error (0x00)

Like I said, I'm using the RCA.pl because the sony.pl would reset my
dss reciever. Is there a way to get the sony.pl to work with the
420re?

TIA.

-- Clay