[mythtv-users] Re: Anyone compaired Pundit Svideo to

Steven Rubano srubano at ccap.net
Fri Mar 26 09:44:32 EST 2004

>Oh yeah the other MAJOR issue is I can't play DVDs with the 350.  Something

>to do with it's frame buffer.  Video is slow and jerky and the sound skips.

>That was my other main reason for wanting to use some sort of other TV out

>card.

>I don't understand why people put out "media" type boxes with sub standard

>TV out cards?

>Malcolm

I agree with you on the DVD issue, I have yet to find the plug-in for
mplayer to allow it to play on the TV out of my 350. As for the "sub
standard TV out", it's not that it's sub standard and that's why at this
moment in time isn't stable, it's due to fact that the manufacture of the
chip isn't giving any details out about it. The guys who wrote up the
drivers for ivtv had to work with a "black box" and write a driver that they
though would suffice..and I have to tell you.even with some of the problems
they did an awesome job. Imagine what they would come up with if they had
all the details they needed for the chips!

Steve

individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
this e-mail from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the content of this message.