[mythtv-users] redremote serial script

Martyn Weber martyn at blacksun.uk.com
Thu Mar 25 14:44:10 EST 2004

Hi UI use the redremote serial to change channels on my cable box....I use
the following scripts

change_channel.csh
#!/bin/csh
/usr/local/bin/red_eye /dev/ttyS1 $1 1
echo "Changing to channel $1"

/use/local/bin/red_eye is the linux program that controls the redremote,
this can be downloaded from the manufactorers web site.... MythTV is set to
call /usr/local/bin/change_channel.csh as the external channel change
program to call. Dont forget to flag the .csh file as an executable.

Hope that helps....

Martyn