[mythtv-users] Wrote a script for skipping unwanted seasons of shows

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Thu Mar 25 14:41:38 EST 2004

Very cool!  Is there a way to add only a few episodes of a season?  I'm in the
process of archiving the simpsons but they aren't aired in order so I have a
handfull of episodes from almost every season.

I'm new to myth (still working on my install) so forgive the newbie question but
how strict is the mythtv scheduler in terms of skipping recordings by comparing
against the oldrecorded.  Does it just compare the show title and episode or
does it also compare the description?  That and is there a way to view the
oldrecorded list...maybe via MythWeb?

The reason I ask is because I wrote a tool to do this same basic thing (remember
what I've recorded and never record it again) for my ReplayTV and I found that
it was a lot more accurate if I relaxed a couple of things:

- ignore case sensitivity
- ignore any prepending "The" or "A"
- ignore punctuation.  Especially for the description where sometimes you get a
period at the end and sometimes you don't

thx
Daniel