[mythtv-users] Any suggestions for RadioShack 5-in-1 (15-2103) remote?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 13:18:40 EST 2004

OK... so I figured out that using a "VCR" device code gives me the most
usable buttons... but finding the right device code has been
problematic.

First, I tried "0000".  That works pretty well, gives me *most*
buttons... unfortunately it maps CH+/- to the same codes as "Up/Down",
which is a real bummer as I want to use CH+/- for PgUp/Dn.

Then I tried a sample config from one of the LIRC packages... code 1162
(Panasonic TV/VCR combo).  This gives me mappings for every button
except two, which is great, except it maps "Select" the same as
"Right", which is bad.

Does anybody use this remote with Myth & have a good suggestion for a
device code?  Otherwise, I might have to bite the bullet and get a JP-1
cable...

-JAC