[mythtv-users] Transcoding/Burning DVD

Scott Francis scott.francis at newisys.com
Thu Mar 25 10:59:59 EST 2004

Ok, I've read thru the archives and followed what they've said, but I have a few questions concerning people that burn DVDs from what they capture.  Let me start this off by saying that I want to burn movies that I capture on DVD for personal viewing and feel that I should be able to get a 2 hour movie on a single DVD (at least that's the goal).

The issue that I have is that when I do an nuvexport and tell it to go to DVD format and then burn it, I still get some choppyness/pixelation on the resultant DVD.  The original nuv file does not have this, so I'm at wits end towards why my transcoded one does.  Is there something I can do in order to preserve the quality of a 2 hour type movie and still have it fit on a single DVD without any type of pixelation or artifacts?

I had thought that using the DVD export in nuvexport would result in the highest quality dvd image.  I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing incorrectly here.

BTW-  I'm attempting to burn the transcoded mp3 file on my windows side using Roxio.  I think it also is attempting to do an encoding phase, but at looking at the mp3 prior to this, I'm still seeing the same pixelation.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Scott