[mythtv-users] Recommended CPU speed

Chris Thompson ct-myth at cthompson.com
Wed Mar 24 18:12:11 EST 2004

mmcconnell at uniserve.com (mmcconnell at uniserve.com) wrote:
> You are correct, my bad. Anyhow I'd recommend you search the forum for M179
> and ivtv forum, as most folks say it's a piece of S#(T.

I'm one of those saps that has two M179s and I am experiencing problems,
but I'm not ready to call them shit just yet.

Yes, there does appear to be a shielding issue, which I hope to address
tonight when I get home, word from the ivtv list is that you can acheive
interference free reception on an M179 with a bit of work.

If I can get the interference problem taken care of, then I'll be thrilled
with the cards. I got two M179s for $79 a piece at a time when PVR250's
were at least $130 a piece. If the $80 special that seems to pop up here
and now were available, I probably would have done that instead. Right now
the video on my one M179 is indistinguishable from the video on my PVR250,
it's the sound that's scratchy.