[mythtv-users] Watching HDTV (from Comcast Set-top)

Jim Wilhelm skillz9981 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:04:16 EST 2004

I'm about to begin building my MythTV setup and have a few questions.  I
have Comcast digital cable service with their HDTV set-top box. I don't
think I'll necessarily be recording HDTV content but what kind of setup
(hardware) is required to at least facilitate the passing through of the
HDTV stations from the box, through the myth, and back to the TV.  I plan on
using my nVidia DVI connector for the digital out.  So my question is, how
can I get the HDTV content from the set-top thru the myth, what type of card
is required to do this.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

-Jim