[mythtv-users] irxevent on startup

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Mar 24 14:16:37 EST 2004

	I forget what the beginning of this thread was, but I seem to recall
having a problem firing up some of the lirc stuff from a startup script.  I
think I had to manually (on the command line) tell it which config file to use.
Might try that.

-Cory

 On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, chuck wrote:

> irxevent starts just fine in an xterm. Once I start irxevent in xterm,
> everything works fine.  lircd is started at the end of rc.local.  Lircd
> starts correctly also.
>
> Also, I'm not using the mandrake lirc rpm's, I compiled the tarball
> instead.
>
> On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 23:53, Patrick Reynolds wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, chuck wrote:
> >
> > > xset -dpms s off &
> > > irxevent &
> > > mythfrontend &
> > > blackbox
> >
> > Try running 'irxevent' in an xterm -- does it start OK?  How are you
> > starting lircd?
> >
> > --Patrick

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*