[mythtv-users] mono Wintv Go to left and right channels?

Chris chasejunk at optonline.net
Wed Mar 24 09:30:37 EST 2004

I have a mono Wintv Go card and I connect mythtv to my A/V receiver (to
switch to TV in addition to using the speakers).  But it is only playing
on the left channel.

How can I get the mono sound to play (duplicate) onto both channels?

I thought I might be able to accomplish through the alsamixer.  But none
of those settings work. [honestly, the mixer and its settings are a
mystery to me as I never used sound on unix/linux before mythtv].  Is
there something in the sound driver capture configuration itself that
will manage this?

I have a nforce2 MB (MSI K7N2GM-L) using on-board sound.  I loopback the
sound from Wintv to the on-board line-in.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Chris