[mythtv-users] Recording LED light possible?

Billy Macdonald whmac33 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 01:06:10 EST 2004

--- mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 March 2004 01:14 am, Dan Morphis wrote:
> > >  I'm one of those folks using a separate satellite box for a tuner,
> > >  and have Myth changing channels when a show is recorded. The thing
> > >  is though, the rest of the family isn't always using Myth, and
> > >  sometimes they come along and change the satellite channel without
> > >  going into Myth and determining if a program is being recorded. I
> >
> > And you don't kick their ass for not using myth to change the channel?
> > Sounds like you should put the smack down. . .
>
> To be honest, myth changes the channel way too damn slow, I don't need
> need to be buffering video when I'm channel surfing.  We use myth mainly
> for vcr duty.  currently it takes about 6 seconds to change channels.  3
> second buffer, and about 3 seconds to change the sat box.

Same deal in my house.  Turns out we almost never use it for live tv.  And even
when we do sorta watch live tv we record it and then watch the recording.  And
our delay is only a couple of seconds using the PVR250 and analog cable.  It's
wierd how my expected usage patterns and actual usage patterns have differed,
this being a key difference.

Billy