[mythtv-users] Settings.pro - what needs changing?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:22:28 EST 2004

>From: "Jon Whitear" <mythtv at whitear.org>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Settings.pro - what needs changing?
>Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:57:26 +1100 (EST)
>
>I'm installing MythTV on a Gentoo system. My display manager is KDE 3.2.1,
>and I have ALSA working. Do I need to uncomment the lines in my
>settings.pro regarding native ALSA and ARTS support?
>
>Cheers,
>

>Jon

You don't NEED to make any changes to settings.pro if you don't
want the features the different sections implement.  ALSA can be
uncommented and either used or not used.  Same with XvMC.
These are configuration driven.  I have ARTS on my Mandrake
9.1 installation but Myth won't compile with ARTS enabled.  I
don't think there is a config option for ARTS, it's either enabled
and used or not enabled.  YMMV, but if you don't have a real
need for a feature that cannot be configured out later, you
probably don't want to enable it.

One man's opinion.  HTH!

-- Harry O.