[mythtv-users] PVR-250MCE for $69 SHIPPED!!

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Tue Mar 23 10:46:14 EST 2004

> Yep, this is the WinTV-Go-FM card.  They are available cheaply from a
> number of places: http://www.pricewatch.com/2/37/1862-1.htm

I don't think so, but we'll find out soon enough.  The model number
they've got (32552) matches the supported cards list from the ivtv
project http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=SupportedHardware.

I even did the unthinkable:  I called z-buy and asked them "Does the
card you're selling have an onboard MPEG-2 encoder?"  The woman that
answered the phone said that she will update the website within an hour
or so with more details.

Also, I did something else.  I called Hauppauge.  Dorothy's associate
went to the site and says that the 32552 is an OEM version of their PVR-250.

So, if nothing else, you'll get a MPEG-2 encoder card from z-buy for $73
(they changed the price last night).  Whether you get one that works
with ivtv remains to be seen, but at least it's not a Bt848 Win-TV Go.