[mythtv-users] Recording LED light possible?

mark fairlane at springcom.com
Mon Mar 22 22:50:52 EST 2004

I'm one of those folks using a separate satellite box
for a tuner, and have Myth changing channels when a
show is recorded.  The thing is though, the rest of the
family isn't always using Myth, and sometimes they
come along and change the satellite channel without
going into Myth and determining if a program is being
recorded.  I know this was discussed in the past, but
has anyone a good idea of how to code an LED
during recording?  The hardware side of things is trivial,
as it's nothing to turn on an LED from a serial or parallel
port, but the software side of it is daunting.  Anyone make
any progress on this?

Regards,
Mark