[mythtv-users] after apt-get dist-upgrade, can't load ivtv

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 22 12:16:00 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 15:57, gabe at mustbethemoney.com wrote:
> I just did an apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, and then rebooted
> the computer, and now am unable to use ivtv.
>
> In my XF86 log, I get the following:
>
>     (EE) open /dev/fb0: No such device
>     (EE) No devices detected.
>
>     Fatal server error:
>     no screens found
>
> and when I try to do a /sbin/modprobe ivtv, I get the following error:
>     modprobe: Can't locate module ivtv
>
> Was I supposed to change in my /etc/modules.conf file?  On reboot, I have
> to shell in and notice that I am running the X Keeps Crashing program.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The only change to my system was
> the apt-get dist-upgrade, and I did notice that it did some things ivtv
> related.
>
> Running FC1 and using a PVR-350
>
> Gabe

Don't know much about fedora BUT, the /deb/fb0: no such device error is
due to not loading ivtv-fb which will not load if ivtv is not loaded.

The reason you have this problem is probably because you are now running
a new kernel if that is so then all your modules need to be re-built.

OR!!
it could be something more FC1 related in which case you should not
listen to me!

-jose-