[mythtv-users] Re:Video Quality

Adrian Byng-Clarke adrianbc at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 21 16:55:18 EST 2004

Inspired by this thread, I decided to pick up a PVR 250. The quality is
definitely much better than my osprey - and I have sound!!!  I do see some
artifacts and motion banding. Is there a guide somewhere for tuning the
video quality. I am currently viewing the output on my windows PC just on a
VGA monitor. I am planning on burning things to DVD but It's unclear to me
if the noise is in the recording or in the playback. I would like to at
least be equivalent to broadcast.

I am also thinking about running the mythtv frontend on my xbox. Are there
any quality problems associated with this?

Adrian