[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problems

Maarten van den Berg mythtv at ultratux.org
Sat Mar 20 23:25:47 EST 2004

Hi.

I've configured mythtv with a videosource listing "Holland" so
mythfilldatabase would use tv_grab_nl, which it did the first time around
(using --manual).
However, when I tried to re-run it today (I've not put it in cron yet) I get
errors because after the first attempt using tv_grab_nl it defaults back to
tv_grab_na. (which is neither installed nor relevant) See output below.

dozer:~ # mythfilldatabase
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
using config filename /root/.xmltv/tv_grab_nl.conf
downloading summary: ###http://www.tvgids.nl/
zoekprogramma.php?station=2&interval=6: Date 2004-03-28 01:13 is impossible -
time goes from 2004032801:00:00 UTC to 2004032802:00:00 DST at /usr/lib/
perl5/5.8.1/Memoize.pm line 247
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 4:170: unexpected end of file
Fetching data for Sat Mar 20 2004
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
nice: tv_grab_na: No such file or directory
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Fetching data for Sun Mar 27 2004
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
nice: tv_grab_na: No such file or directory
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file

I tried to do a quick and dirty workaround in symlinking tv_grab_nl to
tv_grab_na which seems to work, although I now have a mess in the database
with all kinds of duplicate channelnumbers. But not to worry.

Other than this error above, I deperately need some documentation on how to
fill the database when you're NOT in north america. Do you need to use
--manual only the first time or everytime ? How do you reorder channels, or
don't you because it messes up all the EPG ?  How do the EPG and the stations
correlate, by channelnumber ? By name ?
And I'm not even touching the subject of (fine)tuning...

Maarten