[mythtv-users] 88 dollar PVR250

davatar davatar at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 16:52:31 EST 2004

I looked into shipping to Canada for ebay a while ago. The deal is that if
customs presents you with a bill and you reject the package, the package
comes back to the US, and so does the customs bill! So US sellers can get
screwed..

You should talk to your government if you want US sellers to be more
friendly to shipping to Canada. Of course I can't blame Canada for wanting
to keep business within it's borders, it's probably better for you. The
costs of buying foreign are non-obvious, but you pay them still..

Sort of like when you shop at walmart because of the low-low prices and then
they send their employees to get medical treatment at state/community funded
centers....

btw, what happens if you get caught? :)