[mythtv-users] Commercial releases of MythTV?

malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 20 11:33:14 EST 2004

Hi Andrew,

I think what you guys are doing with MythTV is very exciting and should give
it quite a boost.  I also feel it shows the level of professionalist and
quality of MythTV.

I don't know how Development 1 feels about sharing details of their hardware
but would you at least tell me what capture and decoder cards you are using?
And perhaps what kind of CPU power it takes to power them?

I'm trying to get my Myth box stable like a commercial unit and it's just
not working.  I think the problem could be my ivtv drivers but I'm not sure.
I'm using a PVR-250 and PVR-350 for capture cards and using the TV out of
the 350.  My box also has to reboot every night or within 3 days or so Myth
will crash and I'll have to reboot anyway.

I'm going to try using an MX440 type card for my TV out so I can play DVDs
as well and hopefully get more stability in the box.

Thanks for any insite you might have that shows how you got such a stable
box you are able to sell it to the public.

Thanks
Malcolm