[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV Out Instability

malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 20 11:00:57 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Perry" <derek at cc.gatech.edu>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 9:33 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV Out Instability

> Hello,
>
> I am new to mythtv, got my setup done last week.  Box has an
> athlon processor (1250mhz, I am unsure of the model number), 256mb sdram,
> and a pvr-350.  I have X up and running on the TV-Out of the pvr-350, but
> when I am playing video or fast-forwarding video in mythfrontend I
> sometimes (frequently) experience a hard freeze and must reboot the box
> manually. I followed Jarod's guide pretty much to the T.  Anyways, here is
> some relevant info
>
> ivtv version 0.1.9-25
> ivtv-firmware version 2.02.023-3
> kernel version 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at
> mythtv version .14
>
> I was hoping that someone can shed some insight as to this problem,
> and possibly a resolution (that doesn't involve buying a new video card).
> I know that the ivtv project isn't complete, but has anyone else had
> this much stability problems?  Thanks in advance!

The best stability I've had with my PVR-350 TV out was to use vanilla ivtv
version 0.1.9 with no patchs and Matthias's X driver.  Search the ivtv list
and you will find all the info about Matthias's driver and how to use it.  I
can even bring up the EPG on the TV while running live TV and not crash the
box.

Malcolm