[mythtv-users] Any difference which MX440 card I get?

Andrew Jamieson ajd1 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 20 02:04:30 EST 2004

> The Chaintech's are only $44 and the PNY is $76.  Is this a case of "you
get
> what you paid for"?  Will one have a better TV out over the other?

Certainly the quality of some cards TV out is superior to others - however,
it is not always as simple to judge this as comparing the cost of the cards.
Sometimes the TV out of a cheap card will exceed that of a more expensive
part.  Generally I think it pays to go with brands you trust more than
anything else - or maybe google for a review of each card and see what the
buying public have to say.

On a related note - the MX440 is soon to be End Of Line'd (EOL - fazed (?)
out) and replaced by the MX4000.  In our testing, this part appears to be
entirely driver compatible with the MX440 tho, so it's not too much of a
worry.

Andrew Jamieson

---