[mythtv-users] Confused: PVR-250 to DVD

Chip chip33az at netscape.net
Fri Mar 19 22:36:57 EST 2004

Well, I must be getting closer.  I tried with another show and taped it
in 720x480

1.  I ran avidemux2 (I checked the version), cut the commercials and
then saved as DVD PS format.
2.  I ran 'dvdauthor -o <dvd directory> <saved file from step 1> -t'
3.  Then it was 'dvdauthor -o <dvd directory> -T'
4.  Next was 'mkisofs -dvd-video -o <imagefile.iso> <dvd directory>'
5.  Finally burned the iso with K3B.

I was able to put the DVD in my computer and watch it using MPlayer.
When I tried it on my home DVD player, I get a C:13:00 error (it is a
Sony).  The player is quite old so I don't know if I should be worried
or not.

If I have more than 1 program I know that I can put them in step 2, but
how does the DVD know which program to run?

Thanks for everyone's help so far.