Subject: [mythtv-users] Changing bitrate with avidemux2

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Fri Mar 19 13:22:12 EST 2004

Use svcd/2 pass for best results, you also set your output size,although
it tends to run a hair "large".

avidemux-2.0.22 (possibly earlier) can also dump mpegPS aka vobs, as
well as load mythtv nuvs directly, (mpeg4 OR rtjpeg) then import into
vobcopy and dump to iso with an "i" keypress.

>Subject: [mythtv-users] Changing bitrate with avidemux2
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

>I know there are some folks out there that use avidemux2 to manipulate
>their MPEG-2 recordings... I have a quick question:

>I've been using nuvexport to transcode my 480x480 RTjpeg recordings to
SVCD.  It's worked well.  Now I have an M-179, and want to make an
SVCD.  My recording profile is set to 480x480, and I've already used
avidemux2 to cut the commercials (on keyframe boundaries).  Now I need
to turn down the bitrate to something in the SVCD range.  The question
is, exactly how do I do this in avidemux2?  I looked at the Video Codec
options, and there was an SVCD preset.  However, I have to choose
between setting the bitrate or setting the quantization.  Which do I
want?  Is one faster, or will one give better results?

Hopefully I'll only need to do this on a few recordings, as I'm changing
my profile to record at 1/2 D1 so I can burn CVDs instead of SVCDs.

TIA,

JAC
--
Gregory J. McGee <gjmcgee at cableone.net>