[mythtv-users] CVS newbie questions? (probably stupid ones at that)

Chris Thompson ct-myth at cthompson.com
Fri Mar 19 10:30:54 EST 2004

David Engel (gigem at comcast.net) wrote:
> "expect everything to compile and work" may be a little too strong of
> wording, but not by much.  FWIW, all of the active developers use
> pretty current CVS versions, so any problems that do get introduced
> tend to get fixed fairly quickly.

I was actually going to post a question on this today, but looks like I got
beat to the punch.

I'm probably going to disconnect my Time Warner cable box this weekend and
drop MythTV in front of the wife. Since the program guide is changing in
0.15, I've been thinking of switching to a CVS version so I don't end up
changing keypresses on her.

I absolutely hate the current way the EPG selects shows. I'd expect to hit
enter on a show to select it, not hit guide again. That's what will be
happening in 0.15, is it not?

What's the current state of the scheduler changes and the new program guide
in CVS? Spousal Acceptance is my driving need here.