[mythtv-users] Trouble setting up two sound cards in same box

Maarten van den Berg mythtv at ultratux.org
Fri Mar 19 09:52:25 EST 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 20:16, Chuck Connors wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, but still no go.  The pci sound card is now the only
> thing reportedly using IRQ 12 when doing an 'lspci -v'  ..  Any other
> ideas?

NO, it is still possibly NOT alone in using IRQ 12. As I already pointed out,
the mouse port is _always_ using IRQ 12 as well.  Look, not all things that
can claim an IRQ must automatically be PCI devices, you know:  do a 'cat /
proc/interrupts' and it will probably tell you (unless you actually disabled
the PS/2 mouseport in your BIOS) IRQ 12 is still used.

As for other ideas, it's difficult...  There is no indication that your card
is experiencing IRQ problems until that is proven (can you use an USB mouse
and disable PS/2 ?). There is also no standard way to convince a BIOS to
reorder everything, partly because it cannot, partly because that isn't
implemented (or badly implemented).  But as I said, it may not even be an IRQ
conflict, so until you find a way to get the card's IRQ changed we may be on
a wild goose chase.

Maarten