[mythtv-users] Re: Linux question - which is easier?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Mar 18 21:27:13 EST 2004

> What support are you refering to?  KnoppMyth is stripped to
> ONLY included
> what is needed for MythTV.  It also includes what I feel is needed to
> created a set-top box.  It is NOT optimized for PentiumPro
> but in fact
> included binaries for P6 and i586 class processors.

The person asking the question wanted to add several features including KDE
and some sort of a server and the question was which distro was easiest. If
I was in error on the PentPro optimization, I am sorry for that misinfo.
That was what I read from several sources on the web I ran across while
googling to try to figure out why the KnoppMyth was crashing every night. As
for support, I was completely ignored on many of the questions I asked about
how to upgrade various features like the ivtv firmware and drivers. It was
perceived lack of support that made me switch to Fedora which has worked
very well for me for the past 2 weeks. I am sure there are many people who
are quite happy with your distro. I still plan on using it when I want to
run a temporary frontend on a system without having to reformat the hard
drive.

Bill