[mythtv-users] Multiple frontends/backend storage with digital boxes

shec0002 at shecks.net shec0002 at shecks.net
Thu Mar 18 16:15:08 EST 2004

If you are looking for a thin, lower power, almost silent client check out
the linpvr.org project.  I have two backend machines in my basement, and
one diskless thin client under my TV.  My thinclient front-end is great,
and the onboard decoder is smooth.  I would be happy to help if you were
interested in this sort of configuration.

My thin client was less then $300 to build.
VIA EPIA Nehemiah M10000 1Ghz All In One Motherboard
512MB PC133 DIMM
Morex Cubid 3688 Mini-ITX Case - Silver

Others have added PVR-250s to machines like this, but I don't have the
cash for another one yet.