[mythtv-users] No audio when recording

Patrick Reynolds reynolds at cs.duke.edu
Thu Mar 18 13:48:42 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 wwexell at heidewexell.net wrote:

> >> and start recording, the screen goes blue for a moment, then the video
> >> feed comes back, but the sound disappears completely.  If I schedule a
> >> recording, I get a great video feed, but again, no sound.  I've tried
> >> both
> >> RTjpeg and mpeg coding, and played with the audio settings with no
> >> effect.

What have you done with the audio settings?  Is Live TV recording as MP3
or raw audio?  32KHz, 44.1, or 48?  What happens if you set the Default
recording profile (which is probably what gets used when you hit 'R') to
use exactly the same audio settings as the Live TV profile?

Is anything useful printed to stdout or stderr or the backend logs?

Try scheduling a recording with the Live TV profile.  That is, pick
something in the EPG and hit 'I' to bring up advanced recording options,
then pick Live TV instead of Default.

--Patrick