[mythtv-users] MythGallery OpenGL transitions broken in CVS?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 10:03:04 EST 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 13:43, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> Is anyone using the OpenGL transitions for MythGallery?  I had them
> working when they first came out, before I rebuilt my box, but now
> when I try to view a slideshow the transitions slow screen updates to
> a crawl (like maybe one frame/second).  I know OpenGL is working
> because I can launch TuxRacer via MythGame and it works fine.
> glxgears reports:
>
> GL_RENDERER   = GeForce4 MX 420/PCI/SSE/3DNOW!
> GL_VERSION    = 1.4.0 NVIDIA 43.63
> GL_VENDOR     = NVIDIA Corporation
> [snip]
> 4649 frames in 5.0 seconds = 929.800 FPS
>
> Any clues? Using CVS from 3/06.
>
> -JAC

Well, after much hair-pulling, I finally tried the brute-force solution:

I did:

rpm -e --nodeps XFree86 XFree86-devel (this breaks lots of dependencies)
rpm -e <all nvidia-graphics packages>

apt-get -f install (to re-install XFree86 + XFree86-devel & fix broken
dependencies)
apt-get install nvidia-graphics4363-kmdl-`uname -r`
apt-get install nvidia-graphics4363-devel

That seems to have done the trick!  My XFree86.0.log shows the GLX
extension loading, and the framerate on MythGallery looks better (hard
to tell over VNC, but it's noticeable).  Now to see if TuxRacer still
works...

-Joe