[mythtv-users] Live-tv lockup

Doug Curtis doug.curtis at world-mail.org
Wed Mar 17 21:07:43 EST 2004

A friend of mine is running Mythtv and when watching live tv, the frontend
locks up.  It happens anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes but usually less than 30.

I decided to see to let mine run overnight to see if mine did the same thing.
A let it run a couple of nights and both times it kept running for around 6
and 1/2 hours before the frontend froze.  One of the times I scheduled a
recording that occured a couple of hours after the freeze, but it recorded
just fine.

I looked through the archives for a solution but haven't seen one.  The hard
is using dma and the X sound server is disabled.  I ran the frontend from a
terminal window and this is the last thing that was on the terminal:

2004-03-17 13:59:23 prebuffering pause
2004-03-17 13:59:25 prebuffering pause
Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...

It looks like it did this for about five minutes before finally freezing.

I know that it may be a bit picky but I was wondering how to keep it from
freezing at all.

Here are some of my system specs.  I can send more info if needed.

mythtv 0.14 installed using apt-get
Fedora Core 1
wintv pvr-250 encoding cable-tv

I used the howto at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php to install.

Other than that, everything works pretty well.

Thanks,

Doug