[mythtv-users] mythgame and joystick configuration

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 16:32:31 EST 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 14:27, Michenaud Laurent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed mythgame but it doesnot keep
> my joystick configuration.
> I have to reconfigure it each time i launch a game.
>
> Do u know why ?
> Maybe not a mythgame problem but a mame problem...

I'm not in front of my system, but... doesn't MAME have 2 independent
joystick settings -- a global one and a game-specific one?  Set up the
global one, not the game-specific one, and all your games will use it
unless you override it per-game.

If you're having a problem with your settings *for a single game* not
being saved, then check to make sure ${HOME}/.xmame is writeable by the
user.  xmame stores its configuration in ${HOME}/.xmame/cfg -- there
should be a 'default.cfg' and a bunch of '<romname>.cfg' files.

-JAC