[mythtv-users] ATA RAID Question

Bryan Murphy bryan at terralab.com
Wed Mar 17 11:13:36 EST 2004

If all you want is RAID1 with two IDE drives, just use the software raid:

    http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html

I'm running a software raid right now (one IDE drive + CDROM on my primary
IDE connection, and the second RAID drive on my secondary IDE connection)
and it works fantastically well!  Be aware, though, I had to make a
change to

    /etc/defaults/raid2

in order to get my RAID to start at bootup.  I haven't seen this documented
anywhere (this is on Debian unstable).

Bryan