[mythtv-users] DVD audio/video offset?

Jay Love jsliv at jslove.org
Tue Mar 16 20:22:28 EST 2004

You might want to try replex from the dvb-tools package
http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html.

It does the demux and remux internally and inserts the VOBU packets into
the mpeg.  I'm not having any sync problems.

So my process is just

#!/bin/bash
WORKDIR=work$$
mkfifo dvdmpg
replex -tDVD -o dvdmpg $1 &
dvdauthor -o $WORKDIR -f dvdmpg
dvdauthor -o $WORKDIR -T
rm dvdmpg
growisofs -dvd-video -Z /dev/dvd $WORKDIR
rm -r $WORKDIR

It does cause dvdauthor to spit out a bunch of warnings, but it plays
fine on my dvd player.  Xine had some audio gaps using version 0.9, but
the version 0.1.0 that just came out makes xine happy as well.

Jay