[mythtv-users] PVR350 encoding

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Tue Mar 16 18:09:39 EST 2004

Hello,

I have noticed two issues with quality of the encoded video:

1. blacks appear very solid and lack detail. This is only noticeable
on certain shows, I only noticed it last night when watching Alias
(Australia/Melbourne).

2. Output shakes up and down. Somebody suggested this was an output
interlacing issue, that doesn't appear to be the case (tested both on
a TV in interlaced mode and a monitor in non-interlaced mode). OSD is
fine. Happens for both live TV and recordings.

(3. Video output appears slightly on the green side; this might be an
issue with the TV set though).

I apologise if these issues have already been raised.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>