[mythtv-users] OT: lirc issues with recent packages

Dan Boger mythtv at peeron.com
Tue Mar 16 18:06:05 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 08:44:35PM -0800, Dan Conti wrote:
> Because i really really suck, there were not one but two bugs checked
> in to lirc; one of them only impacted the hauppauge remotes, the other
> was not discovered until just today and impacted all remotes. The one
> that was fixed today would have caused lirc to work occaisonally, then
> after opening/closing the device some number of times it would
> eventually stop working. Things like running irw or starting
> mythfrontend cause the device to be opened/closed. If you are
> experiencing any problems similar to this, and have obtained lirc
> packages dated 2/29/04 or later, you may want to build from today's
> cvs, or alternatively keep an eye out for newer packages.

I have run into this problem - but getting the code from cvs I can't get
past the 'setup.sh' stage, and the last snapshot is from the end Feb.
Any suggestions on how to proceed?  Anyone know when a package will be
available?

Details of the problem with setup.sh - I get the menu, but no matter
what options I choose, and hit ok, nothing happens except the menu shows
up again.  If I hit cancel, it exits, but I can't run "make":

  make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Ideas?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Dan