[mythtv-users] Remote Control

Brian Rumple brumple at VALUBOND.COM
Tue Mar 16 14:50:36 EST 2004

The CM19a will receive and transmit.  The only thing it won't do is receive mouse commands from the Mouse Remote, all other buttons are fine.  I modified this project, http://sourceforge.net/projects/wish/, to support the CM19a.  This gives you full support of X10 devices also.  I then modified the perl script from the first url I sent to get the commands from the CM19a and exec a command.  I find this to be a versatile solution.

I will be happy to share the things that I did. It has been working now for a couple of months and I plan on submitting the changes back to the wish project.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Örn Hansen
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 12:57 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Remote Control

tisdag 16 mars 2004 17:42 skrev Brian Rumple:
> You can get the Mouse Remote to work in Linux with this software
> http://www4.pair.com/gribnif/ha/. This doesn't use LIRC, it uses the RF
> serial adapter that comes with the Mouse Remote.  There is even a config
> file in the MythTV configfiles directory.

  I know, I used it then decided on making a KDE version to sit in the tray.
Then, I started thinking that perhaps all I was doing was nonsense if someone
else already done it.  Which is why I asked.

> I hacked a USB driver for the Lola remote which uses the CM19a transceiver.
>  I find this remote to be very usable, especially since my myth box is in a
> different room.

  I don't know about that version, but I found the X10 Remote to be most
useful for precisely the same reason.

  I found one CM19a on eBay, but it appears to be the same one I got with my
MouseRemote, except this one has a PS/2 and RS232 passthrough ports.  Can the
CM19a be used to transmit signals as well as receive them?