[mythtv-users] Which Linux distro and is anyone running on a Shuttle SN41G2 XPC?

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Tue Mar 16 14:03:36 EST 2004

My System:     Shuttle SN41G2
Video out:     VGA -> Component via the Key Digital VGA/Component converter
               (it works great by the way to my Hitachi 51" 51S500:

https://www.dcpuraty.com/store/Product_Details.asp?ProductCode=KDVTCA3)
Capture:       pcHDTV (HD-2000) (still working on getting it going)
Linux Distro:  Fedora Core 1  (Following Jarod's guide:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/)
Kernel:        I tried the ATrpms custom kernel, but have not been able
to compile the pcHDTV driver against it.
               I'm reverting to stock Fedora Core kernel

I'm running Fedora Core, and have followed Jarod Wilson's guide which
has helped significantly, as he steps through nForce2 and nvidia GeForce
4 MX driver issues.  I'm still working on getting audio out of spdif
using alsa, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

By the way, shuttle has a 'V2' version of that XPC coming soon.  Newegg
is stocking up, but they have said that they must clear out all of the
'old' ones first.  I think the main differences are faster FSB and
larger power supply (250W)

Good Luck and feel free to contact me directly for any questions or issues.

--
John <><