[mythtv-users] Re: Suggestion for using nforce2 board for MythTV HTPC.

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Tue Mar 16 00:36:48 EST 2004

>  1)The MK79G-N is NOT a uATX, it's ATX. And it doesn't have the MCP-T
Umm, I have the MK79G-n, and it IS uATX.  In fact, I had to send back a
ATX ABit NF7-S because I didn't realize when I ordered, but my case
(CoolerMaster ATC-610) is uATX and the NF7-S is ATX.
>  chipset, meaning it doesn't support native AC3 (dolby) decoding. It
>  ALSO doesn't have an SPDIF cable, meaning you can't output digital
That said, I didn't realize the MCP-T meant ac3/spdif.  Your right on
that fact, the board doesn't have AC3 or SPDIF
>  audio to a decoder. Not ideal. (One guy mentioned having the board,
>  possibly the one he has doesn't match the current manufacturer's
>  specs, I don't know).
-dan