[mythtv-users] Alternate Encoder - lossless/raw format - possible?

Peter Sebastian Masny ps-list at masny.dk
Mon Mar 15 18:56:17 EST 2004

Hello all,

Is it possible to get mythtv to dump captured data unmodified?  In
windows, I have previously used the YUY2 format (with huffyuv I think)
to dump compressed lossless data.  It filled about 20MB/sec, so about
50GB an hour.  The advantage was total absence of compression
artifacts/blurring.  I can see two uses for such an encoding scheme:

1) Programs that will be transcoded.
2) The tv watching capture buffer.

Is this planned or even feasable in the context of mythtv?

Peter
ps-list at masny.dk