[mythtv-users] MHz channel values

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Mon Mar 15 01:40:26 EST 2004

maarten van den Berg wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I used the scanning function of Kwintv to get a list of all the 39 channels I
>need to get into MythTV.  The scanning works much better than scantv does, as
>scantv always misses the channel by a bit so you get lots of B/W channels if
>you do not start finetuning all channels :-(
>
>But the Kwintv listing is not in <channel>:<offset> numbers but in some sort
>of weird frequency(?). (see below)  Is there any way to put that into MythTV,
>or does anyone know of a conversion utility ?
>
>[channel 79]
>ChannelName=1020.5625
>Frequency=16329
>
>[channel 8]
>ChannelName=223.2500
>Frequency=3572
>
>[channel 72]
>ChannelName=784.0625
>Frequency=12545
>

>Bt the look of it, what they call ChannelName actually looks like the real
>frequency [in MHz]. The Frequency value just seems weird to me.  And the
>[channel] just might be the channel which MythTV expects (I'm not sure) but
>even then, the offset is obviously missing and I know for a fact that most if
>not all stations here are slightly off-channel (+25, often).
>Can anyone help parsing/understanding this the right way ?
>
>TIA
>
>Maarten

Check the following link for the frequencies that UPC uses in Amsterdam:
http://www.upc.nl/index.php?PageID=34200&SessionID=0350caea2e5052141592d6ed601b312e&R=3796

 From there click on "radio en televisiezenders" and then on
"Amsterdam". You will get a list of channels and frequencies.
The above would be on the following frequencies:
Channel 8 at 224MHz (RTL4)
channel 72 at 784 MHz (BBC1)

The full channel list:
	1 Ned 1