[mythtv-users] TV-Out problem NVidia 4 MX 440

Thomas Lann doctorubel at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 00:32:02 EST 2004

Hopefully this isn't the wrong place to post this.
But there seems to be a very high density of NVidia 4
MX 440 owners.
My Dist is Fedora Core 1 and my kernel is
2.4.22-1.2174.nptl I'm trying to get the TVOut working
on my NVidia 4 MX 440 so that it will output to my TV
and computer screen.  After reading Jarod's site and
the NVidia website I realized the correct option to
use would be Twinview along with a few others.
However, I still can't get the TVOut to work at all.
It just ends up not working for both screens.  I then
have to copy an old XF86Config file through ssh and
restart the server or reboot.

I've copied the relevant sections from my XF86Config
below. If someone notices something, please let me
know.
My XF86Config looks like this
--------------
Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "CRT"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Monitor 1280x1024"
	HorizSync    31.5 - 79.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 90.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

#The TV
Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "TV"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Monitor 640x480"
	HorizSync    30 - 50
	VertRefresh  60
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "Chaintech"
	BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440"
	Option	    "RenderAccel" "1"
	#TV Out Setup
	Option     "TwinView"
	Option     "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
	#Option     "MetaModes" "1024x768,640x480"
	Option     "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT,TV"
	Option     "TVStandard"  "NTSC-M"
	Option     "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
	Option     "TVOverScan"  "0.6"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Videocard0"
	Monitor    "CRT"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

#TVOut Screen
Section "Screen"
	Identifier "TVOut"
	Device     "Videocard0"
	Monitor    "TV"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     24
		Modes     "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection
I also wonder if anyone else has had problems with the
ATrpm kernels for FDC1.  When I download and install
them I get unresolved symbols when trying to compile
new drivers for my nforce 2 mobo with AMD.  The
regular
kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl doesn't give me any
problems, but the special rhfc1 does.

Thanks for your time,
Thomas