PVR 350 - SCART/Audio - was Re: [mythtv-users] PVR-350: audio without patch cable

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sun Mar 14 12:14:30 EST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:58:25 +0100, Niklas Brunlid <nbr at ticalc.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:53:35 +0000, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 11 March 2004 17:20, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> Haven't tried this cable, but I got the strong impression that it was
>>> for
>>> input only. Will try it when I get home, but it looked like it would
>>> only
>>> fit in the input DIN contact on the 350.
>> sorry, but no - it is what i use
>>
>> do you still have the leaflet that came with the board
>> it has a picture of the sockets and what they provide
>
> I got two cables with video:
> * One with a miniDIN connector that, from the flat side, has 3-3-2 pins,
> and five cables: mic connector labeled "line out", yellow RCA ("video
> in"), red RCA ("surround 2"), black RCA ("center"), white RCA ("surround
> 1").
> * One with a miniDIN connector (3(with hole)-4-2) and two cables: SCART
> straight to TV with svideo/composite and audio, and a breakout mic
> connector that has no apparent function - I connected it to my amplifier
> at max volume and only got static.
>
> The leaflet OTOH has a nice picture of the cable you describe: audio and
> svideo/composite out, all separated and ready to use. I think I'll write
> to Hauppauge and ask if they can give me one of those; would solve all my
> problems... well, sound problems, anyway. =)

(Semi-crossposting from my own post on the ivtv list:)

OK, this is weird... I just tested the connections on the 3.5"
connector... only the innermost one is actually connected, the middle one
and the tip is plain dwad (as in, no connection to any of the miniDIN
connector pins). My guess is that it is just a ground cable or something.

/ Niklas