[mythtv-users] Recording specific episodes?

david.blevins at visi.com david.blevins at visi.com
Sat Mar 13 02:18:27 EST 2004

Is there anyway to set mythtv up to record specific episodes of a show
whenever they happen to be on?  I don't mind typing the episode names
into mysql directly if I have to.

Here is where I'm coming from--I bet there are a lot of people in the same boat.

Angel -- I want any episodes from seasons 3-5, but 1 or 2 as they are out on DVD.
Buffy -- Only want episodes from season 7, I've seen the other seasons.
Farscape -- Only want seasons 3 & 4, have a friend with season 1 & 2 on DVD.
Futurama --  Need season 4 & 5, the others are on DVD.

You can see pattern.  I'm in the same boat with Smallville and Alias,
but it isn't bad with those shows are there aren't a sea of old
episodes in syndication, yet.

Speak up if you also want this feature.

The thought of cooking up a perl script to run from cron right after
mythfilldatabse crossed my mind, but that wouldn't pickup replacements
and would likely cause scheduling conflicts on a regular basis.

-David