[mythtv-users] What's purpose of oldprogram table?

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 12 11:15:37 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Delis" <cedelis at uillinois.edu>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] What's purpose of oldprogram table?

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 08:49:16AM -0500, Tony Maro wrote:
> > I mean, do I really need to know that "A Kid Rock Christmas" played on
> > 12-16-2003 ???  Or that "A&E's Live by Request Starring Lyle Lovett"
> > played that day as well?
>

> I think it aides in the Scheduler logic.  For one, it helps decide what's
> "repeat" episode so that you don't record the same thing twice.  If you
never
> make use of these scheduling features, then I would guess that it'd be
safe to
> periodically purge this table (a simple script ought to do it).

What I've always wondered is what happens when it's pretty much recorded all
the Simpsons at one time or another.  It would know because of this history.
Will it eventually get to a state where it stops recording?  And my "keep 10
episodes" cycle will just stop?

I also always wondered if I could delete a particular episode out of there
so it will think it's never recorded that episode and re-record it because
my capture card messed up at one point and I got a 0 byte episode?

Thanks
Malcolm