[mythtv-users] Re: GRRR And AARRGGHH PVR-350

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 11 23:59:23 EST 2004

On Mar 11, 2004, at 01:27, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:59:17PM -0800, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 9, 2004, at 18:36, Matt Hannan wrote:
>>
>>> OK, so I managed to get Jarod's guide to get Myth 90% working with a
>>> BT878 card under RH9. I did not like the sound synch issue...or the
>>> wicked high CPU usage, so I ordered a PVR-350 that arrived today.
>>>
>>> Can someone please direct me around the Jarod's Guide Step 11
>>> ivtv-firmware situation? I just looked back thru my old MythTV emails
>>> and I see that on the 25th of Feb there was some major discussion
>>> about
>>> new ivtv drivers. That also happened to be the last day I was on the
>>> list because I was getting about 150 Myth related emails a day!! I am
>>> sure that has not changed, but I am back on the list so that I can
>>> actually post questions/advice.
>>
>> Get the latest ivtv-firmware srpm, build it, install it, then install
>> ivtv.
>>
>> http://download.atrpms.net/production/sources/common/atrpms/ivtv-
>> firmware-2.02.023-3.at.src.rpm
>
> Good news is: No need to build it!
>
> Hauppauge/Conexant have granted rights to distribute the binary rpms :)

I saw the binary ivtv-firmware rpm, but something didn't look quite
right... Is everything really there? It is only 99K, while the src.rpm
is 1.7MB, and the two firmware .bin files that get extracted are 256K
each... I suppose its possible the two firmware files compress down to
fit in a 99K package though...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...