[mythtv-users] Video Quality

Jason Diamond jason at injektilo.org
Thu Mar 11 14:25:44 EST 2004

Shay - MythTV said:
>>But yes, Myth can provide results equivalent in quality to a TiVo with
>>hardware encoding (or with ATSC broadcasts, which are already encoded,
>>but that's another issue).
>
> Really?  I have yet to get my MythTV to record as well as my TiVo.  I have
> a 250 and it just doesn't compare.  Its nice and all, but when things move
> you see glitches.. artifacts.. I don't know the word for it.. its just not
> smooth..

I had the smallest TiVo they made so recorded everything at basic quality.
The digital artifacts when people moved were awful. With my PVR-350, I
don't get any of those (with the default quality settings). It's not
perfect by any means but it's much better. The artifacts I notice now with
MythTV have mostly do to with color and sometimes a little bit of
jitteriness which I can't really see but can tell is there.

-- Jason