[mythtv-users] mysql setup/install : Update

Danny Meehl d_meehl at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 23:47:06 EST 2004

I couldnt get
scripts/mysql_install_db
to run because I was in the wrong directory. After running it I run the
following commands (as in the readme):

root at Cratosville:/usr/local/mysql# chown -R root .
root at Cratosville:/usr/local/mysql# chown -R mysql data
root at Cratosville:/usr/local/mysql# chgrp -R mysql .
root at Cratosville:/usr/local/mysql# bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
                                                              [1] 25053
root at Cratosville:/usr/local/mysql# Starting mysqld daemon with databases
from /usr/local/mysql/data
040310 23:46:03  mysqld ended

As you can see, mysql abruptly ends without any infor as to why. Any ideas?

-Dan