[mythtv-users] (Another) hardware list

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Mar 10 22:50:21 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 05:24:56PM -0900, Dan Morphis wrote:

> >>(I have a 200GB hard drive already)
> >>

> >That will hold a lot f stuff. I would use a 20 or 40 for a root drive,
> >and reserve this oen for the /myth partion, myself.
> >

> Umm, why reserve 20 - 40 g for a root partition?  Thats a lot of wasted
> space. . . I went with 4 and I have 1g of space not being used. . .  I
> have my tv/movies/games/music stored on a 140g partition called /store
> -dan

Well, I must not have been clear.

What I was sugesting is that he use a different disk for the root disk.
And gaive thta 40G is about the smallest you can buy today.

Here's what I'v got.

40 G root disk (includes /cache)
120G + 60G using LVM and an XFS filesystem for /mtyh

Only Recorded TV shows, and riped DVD's are on this. All music and image
files are NFS mounted from another machine. The motherboard I used only
supports IDE 100, so I was limited to maximum 120G drives. I have another
120G in my "proof of concept" machien that will eventually replace the 60.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin