[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup won't run, exits with errors (Fedora)

Cam Vertesi cvertesi at indiana.edu
Sun Mar 7 22:59:12 EST 2004

Gee, judging from your last message, you could even have apt problems!
Did you use the atrpms kickstart rpm that Jarod reccommended?

If you set a root password for mysql, then yes - mythbackend will need
it.  For now, I would remove that root password.  I had a similar
problem, and removed my root sql password... since my box is entirely
local (and firewalled to hell and back!), I don't have any concerns
about network attacks.  I don't remember how to remove the password, but
you can find out with the help of my best buddy google.  :)

Cam