[mythtv-users] Bug: Large listings not displayed in mythweb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Mar 10 15:18:57 EST 2004

> And as someone suggested I can tune php a bit to allow it to use more
> memory.  But.... I guess my feeling is that neither of these should have
> to be done.   Properly written code should have sufficient error
> checking to deal with a problem like this.   An informative error
> message rather than a blank page because php crashed, or modifying the
> scripts to get the listings in chunks would work well.

Unfortunately, some of these errors happen at a low enough level in php
that you can't trap for them (that I've been able to find, anyway).
memory usage and max script execution timeout are the two most annoying
ones.

As for pulling the listings in chunks, that would definitely help, but
would probably require a MAJOR revision of the code (the query that
pulls up the listings is horribly complex and the code was written so
that it would exist in one place instead of several like it used to
before I took over mythweb).  But I've thought about it.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer